Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skunk anansie selling jesus lyrics meaning
[Image: 58879dggd.gif]

===>>GO TO THE STORE<<===

п»їThe Meaning Behind The Song: Selling Jesus by Skunk Anansie.
The Meaning Behind The Song: Selling Jesus by Skunk Anansie.
An Introduction to “Selling Jesus”
I remember the first time I heard “Selling Jesus” by Skunk Anansie, it struck a chord deep within me. The powerful vocals of Skin and the uncompromising lyrics made a lasting impression. Released in 1995 as part of their debut album, “Paranoid & Sunburnt,” this song tackles the theme of organized religion and the commercialization of faith.
Table of Contents.
Exploring the Lyrics.
Skunk Anansie begins the song with the line, “You kill me with your smelly fingers.” This provocative opening challenges the listener to question the actions and hypocrisy of those in power within religious institutions. The imagery of “smelly fingers from the sex you had on Christmas Day” emphasizes the contrast between religious teachings and human desires.
The chorus declares, “They’re selling Jesus again, they want your soul and your money, blood, and your bones.” This line captures the essence of the song, highlighting how religion is sometimes exploited for personal gain by those in authority. It exposes the manipulation and greed associated with religious institutions, suggesting that they prioritize profit over genuine spiritual growth.
In the verses, Skunk Anansie critiques the idea of a man-made god and the influence of money in religious matters. The lyrics emphasize that these beliefs are fabricated by individuals who utilize religion to exert control and accumulate wealth. The line, “They made him up then wrote a book to keep you on your knees,” criticizes the use of religious texts to maintain dominance over believers.
An Analysis of the Song.
“Selling Jesus” reflects Skunk Anansie’s disillusionment with organized religion’s commercial nature. It shines a light on the manipulation and hypocrisy that sometimes envelops spiritual practices, urging listeners to question the motives behind religious institutions.
This song prompts us to reflect on our own relationship with religion and spirituality. It encourages us to analyze whether our beliefs are influenced by genuine faith or if we have unconsciously fallen into the trap of blindly accepting doctrines based on superficial characteristics.
Personal Reflection.
I remember listening to “Selling Jesus” during a phase of questioning my own beliefs. The song served as an anthem for those who dared to challenge the status quo and to question the motives behind religious institutions. It resonated with my own skepticism towards dogma-laden practices and the commercialization of spirituality.
Through its thought-provoking lyrics, “Selling Jesus” opened my eyes to the possibility of forging my own spiritual path, unburdened by the constraints imposed by organized religion. It taught me to seek authenticity in my beliefs, not solely based on tradition or what has been pre-packaged and sold to me.
Credits and Sampled In.
“Selling Jesus” was written by Leonard Arran and Skin. It is worth mentioning that the song has also been sampled in “Serial Thrilla” by The Prodigy, showing its influence and enduring significance in the music industry.
In conclusion, “Selling Jesus” by Skunk Anansie is a powerful critique of organized religion’s commercialization and the manipulation associated with it. Through its poignant lyrics and captivating vocals, the song invites us to question the motives behind religious institutions and explore our own beliefs more deeply. It remains a timeless anthem that encourages individuals to seek authenticity in their spiritual journeys, rather than succumbing to societal pressures and expectations.
About The Author.
Jean Fry.
Jean Fry is a frequent contributor to Old Time Music. Old Time Music , your go-to source for music insights since 1998. We're a passionate community of music enthusiasts and talented instrument players, sharing the meanings of songs , highlighting the best tracks and albums in music history, as well as providing the latest music news and instrument tips.

medical marijuana card canada online
maui weed dealers
cannabis seeds online thailand
purple punch weed strain price
best place to buy weed eater
weed store 24hr
funky skunk head shop
breyers gelato price
car space for sale brisbane cbd
how often can i buy weed in nj
skunk smoke shop
car space for sale sydney cbd